xmrscott: Alright it's time for the first Space meeting in several months
xmrscott: Agenda can be found here, and is basically just opens, more or less: https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/589
xmrscott: Monero Space Meeting - Saturday 17 July 2021 @ 17 UTC · Issue #589 · monero-project/meta - GitHub
xmrscott: Location Libera.chat, #monero-space | Matrix Time 2021/07/12 17:00 UTC Use this timezone calculator to convert UTC to your time Agenda Introduction/Greetings Monero Space updates (what we all have ...
xmrscott: 1. Greetings
sgp: Hello 🙂
xmrscott: 2. Monero Space updates (what we all have been working on)
sgp: workgroup projects have been quite light lately to be honest. I've been distracted elsewhere and haven't given the workgroup the love it needs
xmrscott: Admittedly, at least for me, not much in the Space space. Have been playing with and running a Mobilizon (decentralzied Meetup-like) though. Would like to get back to the Pleroma project after DEF CON tho
sgp: same with the Flarum forum. there seems to be a lot of interest in some non-Reddit medium
sgp: we have it up, but we need to use ti and advertise it again
xmrscott: Ah yes, I forgot about that. I've updated Flarum to the big 1.0+ release, but need to do a better job modding it and promoting it
xmrscott: How should we advertise it outside of say, the MoneroSpace Twitter?
xmrscott: Blast it on Monero Meet I guess?
sgp: yeah I think we can also share on Reddit itself and it would be well-received
xmrscott: It's also worth noting there's a federated/decentalized Reddit, Lemmy
sgp: in the past I would post details about meetings and the like on Flarum (instead of or in addition to the meta Github) and then link the Flarum link on Reddit instead of the meta Github link
xmrscott: Hmm, yeah that could work
xmrscott: 3. Other Monero community project updates
xmrscott: I took this item from the last meeting in Feb, but I think now that -community meetings are a thing again, perhaps no real discussion needed
sgp: yeah, hopefully they can do a good job pulling in this item into their meetings
sgp: one quick thing I want to mention is that it would be good to have one of those Telegram audio live chat events. Is anyone here familiar with those on Telegram? I can always just informally try one this week and see how it goes from the @monero room
xmrscott: Alas, no. msvb are you at all?
msvb-rtc: I use Telegram very little when possible, but am familiar.
jettison_jerry: In reply to
jettison_jerry: sgp: Monero transactions are already what, 90% smaller?
jettison_jerry: wait, really? I looked it up and it said like 5x bigger lol
sgp: In reply to sgp_
sgp: jettison_jerry: wait, really? I looked it up and it said like 5x bigger lol
sgp: hi jerry, we're in a meeting (you're welcome to join 🙂) but yeah Monero txs are bigger than Bitcoin txs, but they are much smaller than they used to be by 90%
jettison_jerry: ah ok
jettison_jerry: I just woke up lol
sgp: what about Tuesday evening CT US for testing the Telegram voice chat?
xmrscott: Should be free I think. I'll be out more or less Sat for a week or two
sgp: okay I'll plan on that then, let's see how it goes
sgp: It may be a bit quiet - the rest of the cryptocurrency ecosystem is smaller because of the price action. I did a Discord Stage yesterday in a large crypto server and only about 10 people participated at any one time
sgp: but I still think we should try it since it is a low effort way for people to be more involved than they have been before
xmrscott: Yep, agreed
xmrscott: Also establishing some degree of normalcy is good. I think of the keys to building a viewership, at least on Youtube is a consistent time
sgp: Yeah I like having the regular Meets
sgp: If anything it forces action
xmrscott: 4. What's happening in the next month
xmrscott: I think at least for the three of us here, mainly DEF CON stuff haha
sgp: for me, I'm basically all-in on Defcon. I wasn't planning on even going this year and now I'm swamped with stuff
sgp: this has severely limited the amount of time I have to just pick up other projects, since I'm busy doing stuff like booklets
xmrscott: 5. Opens
xmrscott: / Ideas
sgp_: nothing in particular from me right now, other than a general statement that if someone wants to work on projects, I have more to do than time right now. I can handle the Defcon stuff, but any other fun Monero Space projects will fall by the wayside
xmrscott: Yep, totally understandable
xmrscott: We can call it here then I think since this day is chock full of meetings anyways and give folk back 25 minutes
xmrscott: Next meeting should be 3rd Sat, 17 UTC unless folk have objections